Be sure to refresh often.
The event is about to start, they are currently playing music courtesy of Beats.
Tim Cook is now on stage.
- over 17 millions subscribers
- over 30 million songs
- new design for iOS 10
- over 140 billion apps have been downloaded
- 106% year on year growth
- 2x revenue over closest competitor
- over 500,000 games in the App Store
- Mario is coming to the App store!
- Super Mario Run to debut first on iOS, simple side scroller based on classic games
- Able to play with one hand
- Also has a “battle” mode
- Coming before the holiday season at a set price
- ConnectED – Apple supports 114 schools, over 50,000 donated iPads
- Everyone can Code – helps teach kids how to program in Swift
- iWork, now has ability to collaborate in real time.
- Top selling smart watch
- WatchOS 3, faster load times, new dock, messaging improvements, activity sharing
- Pokemon Go for Apple Watch
- AppleWatch Series 2!
- “Swim” Proof, 50 meter water resistant
- 2nd-gen SiP, dual core processor 50% faster, 2x GPU performance up to 60fps
- 2x brighter display, brightest display Apple has ever shipped
- Built-in GPS
- New ceramic watch material
- New designer bands
- Apple Watch Nike Plus – designed for runners, available in four colors
- Watch Series 2 prices begin at $369
- Series 1 gets an updated processor and starts at $269
- Watch OS3 available on the 16th
- Over 1 billion sold
- iOS 10 – largest release ever, lift to wake, Siri app integration, Maps redesigned
- HomeKit integrated in iOS 10 – Home automation, control center and Siri integration
- Messaging improvements – stickers, app integration
- iPhone 7
- Available in high gloss black through a special finishing process called Jet Black
- Refined design, integrated antennas, new colors including black and jet black
- Home button – force sensitive, Taptic Engine for feedback
- Water and Dust resistant – IP67 rated
- Camera – Optical Image stabilizer, f1.8 apperature, 6 element lens, 12mp sensor – 60% faster and 30% more energy efficient, True tone flash, 50% further and faster, flicker sensor, new image signal processor, double throughput than older version.
- Ability to immediately edit photos, shoots in RAW
- 7MP front camera, improved sensor
- iPhone 7 Plus – 2 12MP cameras, one has wide-angle lens the other telephoto.
- Ability to optical zoom to 2x, up to 10x optical/software zoom
- Can use Dual Camera to simulate shallow depth of field and multi point focus
- Retina HD DIsplay – 25% brighter, Cinema Standard wide color gamut, 3D Touch improvements,
- Speakers – Stereo speakers, 2x louder, increased dynamic range
- EarPods – Lightning pods, Lightning to 3.5mm adapter
- Wireless – AirPods, completely wireless earbuds, touch sensitive, voice recognition, 5 hour battery, 24 hour charging case, single step setup across all devices, Coming to Beats headphones as well
- Apple Pay – Now uses Felica to work in Japan
- Performance – A10 Fusion chip, Four-Core CPU 64bit, 2 cores run 40% faster, 2 cores run at 1/5th the power, 50% faster 6-core GPU 2/3 power
- Improved battery performance, longest battery life ever on any iPhone
- LTE-A up to 450Mbps
- New cases coming as well
- iPhone 7 from $649
- 32GB, 128GB, 256GB
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus will get storage bump to 64GB and 128GB
- Pre orders begin 9/9, shipping 9/16
- iOS 10 available 9/13
- AirPods $159 available late October
That is all. No iMac, Macbook, or iPod updates as many had hoped for. 🙁